A magnificent hundred-year-old linden alley leads to the Mercendarbe Manor. The owners and times have changed but the manor's historical appearance and charm have survived to this day.
The Mercendarbe Manor is one of the most magnificent historic buildings in Baldone. The original entrance lobby floor tiles and wall paintings have preserved from the beginning of the last century, as well as the ancient stairs leading to the second floor. The most beautiful rooms are located on the second floor of the building - the Hall of Celebration and the Hall of Lievens with the portrait of the last owner of the manor - Karlos von Lieven. The portrait was painted around the year 2000 from a photograph dating back to 1914. The author of the painting is Ieva Muzikante, artist, and teacher of composition, ceramics and drawing at Baldone School of Art. The decorative paintings and decorative strips of the second floor have all been restored.
The pride of the manor is the 18th-century Rococo oak wood doors, which have become a high-value historical heritage and is named a national significance art monument. The linden alley is included in the list of Latvian nature monuments. Both the manor oak wood doors and the linden alley, planted in 1896, are the investments of the Lievens family in the improvement of the manor and its surroundings.
The history of the manor brings us away in the distant past. Mercendarbe as a place is known since 1254 when this land belonged to the Archbishopric of Riga. The original name was Merzepole or Mertzepole by analogy with the name of another Metsepole district of Livonia. From the 1700s, it was called Mertzdorf, from the middle of the 1800s - Merzendorf, and from the 20th century - Mercendarbe.
It is known that until 1686 the property belonged to Pfelicer Frank when it was sold to the Duke of Courland. Duke rented it for the next 100 years. In 1786 Friedrich George von Lieven bought the manor from the Duke of Courland. Friedrich George von Lieven was the renter of Baldone Manor and the owner of Līve Manor. Baldone Manor was formerly located in Vārpas Village, and Līve Manor was located where now stands city of Daugmale, on the banks of the Daugava at the end of the Death Island towards Ķegums. Nowadays, the area where Līve Manor was is flooded.
Lieven lineage is related to the family of the Liv king Kaupo. According to historical evidence, the representatives of the Lieven family, which have run the manor for about 150 years, were the descendants of the Liv king Kaupo. Kaupo was the leader of the Livs, one of the first to accept the Christian faith during the Livonian Crusade. Thus, the Roman Pope Innocent Third in 1208 gave him a name and a title. The name was Jakob, the title - Lieven (Liv), Livonia - Land of Livs.
Lievens sold the manor after the agrarian reform. From 1939-2012 the manor held a children’s home. Since 2009, the manor is privately owned by the Baldone District Municipality and has gradually returned to circulation since 2013 - the manor hosts various cultural and celebratory events, tours and offers accommodation.
Events – the premises are rented for concerts, wedding ceremonies, seminars, conferences, banquets, camps, corporate events. Boarding services are also available.
Tours - Mercendarbe Manor is open to visitors applying for a visit in advance. In the park is a well-equipped place for relaxation and picnics.
Accommodation - the manor can accommodate up to 30 guests. The manor offers rooms for 2 to 4 people and an apartment for up to 10 people, as well as place for tents in the manor park
Number of guests: celebration for up to 60
Beds: accommodation for 30