In front of the Baldone Church between Riga and Daugava Street is the Central square of the city. The square was built in 1950, but in 1987 it was expanded by installing a flagpole. It is worth mentioning December 24, 1988, when the red-and-white flag of the Republic of Latvia was first mast here. Today the flag of Latvia trembles in the square every day. Different events are held on holidays and memorial days – before Christmas, the Christmas tree is lit, and Easter and the Independence Day on November 18th are celebrated here.
In the middle of the square, is the city clock. It was set up in 2006. This is the only public timepiece in Baldone. The designer of the clock is an artist from Baldone, a graduate of Riga Design and Art High School - Ieva Riekstiņa. The clock itself was built by her teacher at Riga Design and Art Secondary School - Māris Šustiņš and his company "Metal Design".
Everyone can slowly enjoy the rhythm of the city while walking in the square!